On 16 January, Health Care Without Harm Europe organised a webinar to support healthcare professionals to become advocates for greener healthcare. The session provided an overview of communications resources for healthcare professionals to develop their communications skills and engage in advocacy.
Healthcare professionals are the most trusted members of society, and they can use this trusted voice to advocate for greener healthcare among colleagues, patients, the public, and policymakers.
In this webinar we:
- Provide an overview of why action is needed to address antibiotic overuse in food production and its impact on health.
- Share guidelines and practical examples on how to talk about antimicrobial resistance (AMR) to non-expert audiences, from policymakers to food producers and administrative staff at hospitals.
- Launch our latest toolkit - How healthcare professionals can advocate the responsible use of antibiotics in food production.
- Explore practical tips for mastering media interviews to promote climate and health.
- Antibiotic overuse in food production and its impact on healthcare - Erik Ruiz, Safer Pharma Project Officer - HCWH Europe
- How healthcare professionals can advocate for sustainable antimicrobial use in food production - Anamarija Tomicic, Safer Pharma Communications Officer - HCWH Europe
- Speaking to the media about climate and health - Helena Uhl, Climate-smart Healthcare Communications Officer - HCWH Europe