Programme Assistant (Full-time internship - starting February 2020)
Reporting to the Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Policy & Projects Officers, the Programme Assistant will directly support activities within HCWH Europe’s Safer Chemicals and Safer Pharma work programmes, which respectively aim to reduce chemical pollution and exposure from the European healthcare sector, and to reduce the presence of pharmaceuticals in the environment and exposure to antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
The ideal candidate will have an interest in environmental issues and human health. They will be dynamic, highly organised and results focused, able to manage different demands, and work independently whilst being an excellent team player.
- Gather intelligence, monitor policy developments, and research background materials for publications in the healthcare sector
- Carry out a range of advocacy activities as appropriate to influence EU policies in the field of environmental health
- Assist in the preparation of written materials, including briefing papers, overviews, and reports related to chemicals and pharmaceuticals
- Maintain HCWH Europe’s Pharmaceuticals in the Environment and Safer Medical Devices Databases
- Contribute to the development of a new online platform for safer products in the health sector
- Provide support for the management of conferences, meetings, webinars, and workshops
- Participate and report on external events on behalf of HCWH Europe as appropriate
- Support the daily work of the Chemicals Policy & Projects Officer and the Pharmaceuticals Policy & Projects Officer
Deadline to apply: 24/01/2020
Sign up to our newsletters to stay up to date with our work and to be notified of future opportunities. You will also receive updates if you follow HCWH Europe on Twitter and like the HCWH Europe Facebook page.