Health professionals are among the most trusted voices in society, and they hold untapped potential in driving policy changes for greener and more sustainable healthcare that delivers better health outcomes for patients and the planet.
Join the Pharmacists for Greener Healthcare network to help transform healthcare worldwide so that it reduces its environmental footprint, becomes a community anchor for sustainability and a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice.
Pharmacists for Greener Healthcare brings together pharmacists from across Europe to share their best practice with each other and will coordinate advocacy activities to tackle pharmaceutical pollution and its contribution to antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
With this network, HCWH Europe can tailor our support to the unique challenges and opportunities that pharmacists face to help you reduce the environmental impact of the healthcare sector and become a powerful environmental health advocate.
Are you a nurse or a doctor? Join the network that’s right for you!
Existing HCWH Europe resources for health professionals are also available.
Why join the network?
- Learn how to successfully advocate sustainable healthcare.
- Contribute towards a robust regulatory framework with more transparent and sustainable pharmaceutical supply chains, strengthened environmental risk assessments, and less waste.
- Gain access to the latest tools and resources to support sustainability activities and projects, along with regular educational opportunities.
- Help shape sessions at CleanMed Europe and other HCWH Europe conferences and events.
- Collaborate with a growing network of engaged health professionals through email groups, newsletters, conferences, and group calls/webinars.
Criteria for membership
Membership is completely free and open to individual pharmacists and pharmacy students in Europe who are committed to addressing the healthcare sector’s negative environmental and health impacts and working collaboratively.
Please note that membership is on an individual basis and is not linked to your employer, professional body, or university/school. For verification purposes, however, you will be asked to provide the name of your employer/university as part of the application process.
The first step in applying to become a member of this network is to fill out the online application form.
After approval, members will be added to the Pharmacists for Greener Healthcare mailing list and added as a subscriber to the exclusive quarterly member newsletter.
Members of the network will be invited to participate in ad-hoc activities related to our programme areas - participation in these activities is on a voluntary basis, and the HCWH Europe team will outline the anticipated commitment required. Members themselves can also propose activities and projects with the network coordinator and via mailing lists/newsletters.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org