1. WHO (2015). Global Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance.
2. WHO (2014). Antimicrobial Resistance Global Report on Surveillance.
3. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control/European Medicines Agency (2009). Technical Report. The bacterial challenge: time to react.
4. The Review on Antimicrobial Resistance (2014).Antimicrobial Resistance: Tackling a crisis for the health and wealth of nations.
5. WHO (2016). Antimicrobial resistance. Fact sheet.
6. The Review on Antimicrobial Resistance (2016).Tackling Drug-Resistant Infections Globally: Final Report And Recommendations.
7. WHO Media Centre (2015). WHO report finds systems to combat antibiotic resistance lacking.
8. Küster A and Adler N (2014). Pharmaceuticals in the environment: scientific evidence of risks and its regulation. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 369 (1656).
9. Larsson DG, de Pedro C and Paxeus N (2007). Effluent from drug manufactures contains extremely high levels of pharmaceuticals. J Hazard Mater.148(3):751-755.
10. Ashbolt NJ, Amézquita A, Backhaus T et al. (2013). Human Health Risk Assessment (HHRA) for Environmental Development and Transfer of Antibiotic Resistance. Environmental Health Perspectives 121(9): 993-1001.
11. Berendonk TU, Manaia CM, Merlin C et al. (2015). Tackling antibiotic resistance: the environmental framework. Nature Reviews Microbiology 13(5): 310-317.
12. HCWH Europe (2013). Unused pharmaceuticals, where do they end up? A snapshot report of European collection schemes.
13. Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics & Policy. State of the World’s Antibiotics, 2015.
14. BIO Intelligence Service (2013). Study on the environmental risks of medicinal products. Final Report prepared for the Executive Agency for Health and Consumers.
15. SumOfUs (2015). Bad Medicine: How the pharmaceutical industry is contributing to the global rise of antibiotic-resistant superbugs.
16. Larsson, DGJ (2014). Pollution from drug manufacturing: review and perspectives. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B. 369: 20130571.
17. Nordea (2016). Impacts Of Pharmaceutical Pollution On Communities And Environment In India.
18. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) (2015). Calls for NHS to curb inappropriate antibiotic prescribing.
19. Council Recommendation of 15 November 2001 on the prudent use of antimicrobial agents in human medicine (2002/77/EC).
20. Morgan DJ, Okeke IN, Laxmanirayan R et al. (2011). Non-prescription antimicrobial use worldwide: a systematic review. The Lancet Infectious Diseases,11, 9, 692-701.
21. Korzeniewska E, Korzeniewska A, Harnisz M (2013). Antibiotic resistant Escherichia coli in hospital and municipal sewage and their emission to the environment. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety 91: 96 -102.
22. Kümmerer K, (2001). Drugs in the environment: emission of drugs, diagnostic aids and disinfectants into wastewater by hospitals in relation to other sources – a review. Chemosphere. 48(3):383.
23. The Review on Antimicrobial Resistance (2015).Antimicrobials In Agriculture And The Environment: Reducing Unnecessary Use And Waste.
24. Yi-Yun Liu, Yang Wang, Walsh TR et al., (2016). Emergence of plasmid-mediated colistin resistance mechanism MCR-1 in animals and human beings in China: a microbiological and molecular biological study. The Lancet Infectious Diseases 16(2): 161-168.
25.Verraes C, Van Boxstael S, Van Meervenne E et al. (2013). Antimicrobial resistance in the food chain: a review. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2013 Jun 28;10(7):2643-69.
26. Declaration of the G7 Health Ministers, 8-9 October, 2015, in Berlin.
27. Leaders’ Declaration G7 Summit, 7-8 June 2015.
28. G7 Germany 2015. Combating Antimicrobial Resistance. Examples of Best-Practices of the G7 Countries.
29. United Nations General Assembly ( 71st session) (2016). Political declaration of the high-level meeting of the General Assembly on antimicrobial resistance.
30. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2016). Transatlantic Task Force on Antimicrobial Resistance (TATFAR).
31. European Commission (2016). Action at a Global Level.
32. OECD (2016). Antimicrobial Resistance.
33. The FAO-OIE-WHO Collaboration (2010). A Tripartite Concept Note.
34. FAO/Codex Alimentarius (2016). Ad hoc Codex Intergovernmental Task Force on Antimicrobial Resistance (TFAMR).
35. European Commission (2011). Action plan against the rising threats from Antimicrobial Resistance. COM (2011) 748.