Global Green & Healthy Hospitals (GGHH) is a worldwide community of more than 1,200 members in 60 countries. Our members are using innovation, ingenuity, and investment to transform the health sector and create a healthy future for people and the planet. The European GGHH network is coordinated by Health Care Without Harm (HCWH) Europe.
What we offer
GGHH is the largest sustainable healthcare network in the world, focused on the interests and needs of healthcare sustainability practitioners. Membership of GGHH is a channel through which you can rapidly accelerate your progress towards becoming a truly sustainable organisation.
By joining GGHH you will become part of a growing global sustainable healthcare movement, demonstrating your organisation’s commitment to sustainable development.
As a member you will gain:
- Access to exclusive tools, resources, and content, such as:
- GGHH Connect
- Hippocrates Data Center
- Guidance Documents for sustainability action
- Best practice case studies
- Access to tools and resources which will allow you to benchmark your sustainability goals and performance against other hospitals around the world
- Invites to events and meetings, such as:
- Workshops and webinars
- European Healthcare Climate Summit
- Annual General Meeting
- CleanMed Europe (including generous member discounts)
- Opportunities to participate in pilot projects and research opportunities
- Information regarding and opportunities to access EU and global funding opportunities to support your sustainability work
- Access to expert advice on sustainability from within the organisation and wider network
- Opportunity to shape EU and international policies and regulations through representation in policy debates and decision-making processes
- Expert insight into relevant policy developments and practical guidance about how to work within these policies and regulations in your own sustainability work (e.g. Medical Devices Regulation, Single-use Plastics Directive, Public Procurement Directives, etc.)
- Networking and partnership opportunities with other members from across the European healthcare sector
- Opportunities for international recognition for your sustainability work, such as participation in the Health Care Climate Challenge (and related awards)
- Have your say in how HCWH Europe is run (voting rights at our Annual General Meeting)
- Exclusive news and updates:
- Latest trends, innovation and best practice in sustainable healthcare
- Updates from other members
- Upcoming events and webinars
- European/national funding opportunities
Membership is based on an organisational commitment to HCWH’s mission and goals, a commitment to at least two of the 10 GGHH Sustainability Goals, and a desire to participate fully in helping to achieve them.
Membership is open to any organisation that delivers healthcare and social care services in Europe:
- Hospitals, health centres and other healthcare facilities
- Health systems
- Government/Regional health service providers
Membership is completely free and there are no membership or other fees required.
The first step in applying for membership is to fill out this online application form. One of our team will then be in touch regarding next steps.
If you have any questions regarding membership, please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org