Become a Global Green and Healthy Hospitals member today!
Global Green and Healthy Hospitals (GGHH) is a worldwide community of more than 1,600 members in over 70 countries, representing the interests of over 60,000 hospitals and health centres.
GGHH is the largest sustainable healthcare network in the world, focused on the interests and needs of healthcare sustainability practitioners. Our members are using innovation, ingenuity, and investment to transform the health sector and create a healthy future for people and the planet. The European GGHH network is coordinated by Health Care Without Harm (HCWH) Europe.
By joining GGHH you will become part of a growing global sustainable healthcare movement, demonstrating your organisation’s commitment to sustainable development.
Download the GGHH prospectus here
Exclusive member benefits
As a member, you will gain exclusive access to GGHH Connect, an innovative, online member platform serving as your gateway to:
- Hippocrates Data Center: A cutting edge resource that puts the power of data management, goal benchmarking, and progress tracking into your hands. Hippocrates is the first international platform of its kind designed for the health sector to measure actions towards reducing its environmental footprint.
- GGHH discussion forum: Connect with GGHH members around the world - post questions, share resources, or join conversations across 12 topic areas.
- Guidance documents and other resources: Written and reviewed by leading experts from around the world, these resources cover a wide range of sustainable healthcare topics (e.g. sustainable procurement or carbon management). They are a fantastic starting point for helping GGHH members to reduce their environmental footprint.
- Case studies: Search over 150 case studies from GGHH members around the world. Learn how projects were designed and implemented, challenges faced and lessons learned, and be inspired to implement your own initiatives.
- Webinars: Browse our collection of recorded webinars to learn about the latest sustainable healthcare trends, case studies, and projects, delivered by experts and GGHH members around the globe.
Other benefits of GGHH membership include:
- Access to the GGHH Europe listserv and member-only newsletter: Be the first to learn about the latest sustainable healthcare news and opportunities, including upcoming events, webinars and conferences; funding and project opportunities; and news from other GGHH members around Europe.
- Quarterly GGHH Europe member meetings: Join other GGHH members from the region to learn about a specific sustainable healthcare topic, hear from experts, and connect with other leaders in sustainable healthcare.
- Have your say in how HCWH Europe is run: As a member-led organisation, GGHH members in Europe can attend our Annual General Meeting and have full voting rights to elect new Board members and determine the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Participate in pilot projects: Members are often invited to participate in sustainable healthcare pilot projects, receiving hands-on support from experts around specific issues.
- Become a climate leader: Commit to effective climate action while building collective impact across countries and across borders by joining the Health Care Climate Challenge and Race to Zero.
Eligibility and requirements
Membership is completely free - it is based on an organisational commitment to HCWH’s mission and goals and a desire to participate fully in helping to achieve them.
Membership is open to any organisation that delivers healthcare and social care services in Europe:
- Hospitals, health centres, and other healthcare facilities
- Health systems
- Government/Regional health service providers
If your organisation does not fall into one of these categories, or you are unsure, please contact us at email@example.com.
The first step in applying for membership is to fill out this online application form. One of our team will then be in touch regarding next steps.
If you have any questions regarding membership, please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.