Factsheet | Medical Devices Regulation: An engine for substitution? (12/2017)
Providing concise information on the new regulation, and explores the opportunity that the MDR provides for accelerating the phase-out harmful chemicals found in some medical devices.
Report | Non-toxic healthcare: Alternatives to phthalates and bisphenol A in medical devices (31/12/2014)
Providing evidence of potential hazards that endocrine disrupting chemicals pose to human health and the environment. This also presents an analysis of safer alternatives available on the market and calls for a phase out of phthalates and bisphenol A (BPA) in medical devices.
Factsheet | Mercury free 2020 (10/2013)
Report | Toward the Tipping Point: WHO-HCWH global initiative to substitute mercury-based medical devices in healthcare (02/06/2010) [Co-published with the WHO]
Older resources can be found in the safer chemicals resource archive
- Webinar | Eliminating dental amalgam use in the EU - The way forward (24/10/2018)
- Webinar | Medical Devices Regulation – Heading in the right direction? (10/09/2018)
- Webinar | The new medical devices regulation - An engine for EDC substitution? (09/11/2016)
- Webinar | PVCFree blood bag webinar (10/2015)
- Podcast | SAICM ICCM4 (09/2015)
- Webinar | EDCs in healthcare (24/09/2014)