On 8th February 2016, the Dutch consumer affairs TV show 'Radar' featured a piece drawing attention to the problem of EDCs found in food packaging and in medical devices such as medical tubing, gloves, and blood bags.
The show featuted HCWH Europe's Deputy Director Grazia Cioci, who spoke about our 2014 Non-Toxic Healthcare report as well as the general problem of EDCs in healthcare and the steps forward for the healthcare sector in Europe.
Image credit: Screengrab via radartv.nl (© RadarTV)
As well as the interview with Grazia, the programme also featured Gustav Eriksson from Karolinska University Hospital in Sweden, who spoke about the PVC-Free Blood Bag Project, Thomas Frischer from Vienna Hospital in Austria, and Dr. Gavin Ten Tusscher, who spoke of their efforts to phase out EDCs in healthcare.
Watch the show (in Dutch with interviews in English) here
- Read our Non-Toxic Healthcare Report here.
- View our EDC-Free Healthcare infographic here.
- Read our letter to MEP Glenis Willmott about the upcoming Medical Device Regulation negotiations, which was co-signed by 18 NGOs, here.
- Watch our webinar, ‘EDCs in the Healthcare Sector’ here.
- Download our information leaflet ‘Endocrine Disruptors in the Healthcare Sector’ (available in 6 languages) here.
Preview Image © RadarTV